Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sia reveals she turned offers from Adele and Rihanna for new single ...

Sia has said that she could have made a million dollars from new single 'Alive' if she had accepted offers for it from Adele and Rihanna.The new single, Sia's first from new album 'This Is Acting', was revealed online earlier today. Speaking to Zane Lowe on Beats 1, Sia talked about the story behind the song and how she originally wrote it with Adele in mind."What's funny is that I wrote this one song and gave it to Rihanna and I had seller's remorse because I was attached to it, i regretted it," she said of 'Alive'. "Then she gave it back to me and I was relieved."However, that was not the last A-list pop star who was interested in the song. Sia revealed: "Then Adele heard it and asked if she could have it. I thought 'Do I like it, or do I like a million dollars? She cut it and it was so amazing. I'm a huge fan of her voice."Elsewhere in the interview, Sia disclosed the identity of her next collaborator.She stated: "I'm going to write with (FKA) Twigs. I don't normally write with artists, it just makes it harder and takes longer for me. It's easier for me to write the songs and just pitch them.""I think Twigs is really interesting and I want to work with her," she continued. "We're going to get some crazy choruses."Sia first confirmed the name of her next album in an interview with NME earlier this year as well as opening up about what led her to retiring from living life in the public eye.She also said that she is finding it increasingly difficult to maintain her policy of not playing live, admitting that at some point she may embark on a tour.Sia has written songs for Beyoncé, Eminem and Rihanna among many others in recent years while 'Wolves', her collaboration with Kanye West, was revealed earlier this month during New York Fashion Week.'This Is Acting' will be the follow up to Sia's 2014 album '1000 Forms Of Fear', an album which featured the singles 'Elastic Heart' and 'Chandelier'.

Source:

http://ift.tt/1QBeIpB



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1dkKAiD