Saturday, April 21, 2012

Personal Reflections: Adele | Writing Creative Nonfiction

The Story
Recently
Personal Reflections: Adele | Writing Creative Nonfiction
Apr 21st 2012, 19:54

April 21, 2012 · 7:54 pm

By Dave Hood

Recently, the singer, Adele,  was named one of Time magazine's ' most influential people in the world.'

This past February 2012, she won six Grammy's, including album of the year '21′ and best record 'Rolling in the Deep.' She also stole the show and received a standing ovation for  singing 'Rolling in the Deep.'

I remember the first time I heard her  moody, soulful vocals. I was driving along the highway, and her voice came on the car stereo. She was singing ' Someone Like You'.   As I listened to the song, I recalled a former girlfriend of seven years. I thought to myself: Where is she now? I was so moved by the song that I began weeping. Her song had touched my heart, bringing back a faded memory from more than twenty-five years ago.  And after the song ended, I thought to myself: Who is this singing? She is amazing.  Later that day, I travelled to HMV music and purchased the Album "Adele 21′, which included "Someone like You.'

Since that time, I have listened to all the songs on this album many times, and most of them are memorable. Not only is the song writing exquisite  but Adele's voice is as strong as any female vocalist I have ever heard.

Music is powerful force in our popular culture. It speaks to the soul. It defines who we are as human beings. It evokes emotion and memories. It inspires us to get up and dance or to sing. It can change a mood.

Adele's soulful vocals and the song writing are treasures that will be listened to for generations . She will be remembered like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Pink Floyd. Adele is one of the great young singers of our time, and her voice and music are timeless.

I'll never forget the line" Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions